Re: [AtkinBoats] Book Arrived

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      Is it the steamed frames that scare you, or do you want to use plywood
      planking? Steaming frames isn't any big deal. Though I haven't yet tried it
      myself, the people I know who've steam bent frames say that rather than
      being scary, it's fun! <g> In a pinch, you could laminate the frames. Both
      Island Princess and Little Maid of Kent have curves in the sections, in the
      bottom and in the topsides, that'd make planking with plywood sheets
      impractical. They're both too large for trailering, so why do you want to
      use plywood?

      On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:27:51 -0000, Scott wrote:
      > On another note, I've ordered the study plans for "Island Princess."
      > I was very surprised to find steamed frames use for the hull
      > on "Little Maid of Kent." Maybe the steel version of "Island
      > Princess" will be more for me. That is unless John designed it with
      > sawn-frames and did not mind using plywood in the hull.

      Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns;
      he should be drawn and quoted. <Fred Allen>