Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Boat Sales

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
      Some folks cry "spam!" whenever they see anything at all commercial in their
      mailbox, I'm not that sensitive, but in deference to them I discourage
      outright commercial postings here in the forum (except from Atkin & Co. of
      course! <g>). Links to builders of Atkin boats would be appropriate in the
      links section. In fact, if they could let us know about their Atkin boats in
      a way that doesn't seem blatantly commercial I'd welcome them doing so in
      the forum.

      Someday soon I'll be setting up a links page in the Atkin site. If you've
      got any suggestions for what to put there, please let me know. For general
      nautical links I'm just going to send people the The Mother Of All Maritime
      Links, so what I'm looking for are links of particular interest to Atkin
      fans.

      I've asked Mrs. Atkin to see if the plans for Big Surprise are available,
      and if they are I'll put her into the catalog.

      On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:57:00 -0000, Lewis wrote:

      > John,
      >
      > Would it be appropriate for a commercial Atkins builder to have a link
      > in the "links" section? NOT ME! I'm just asking!
      >
      > Also, do you have scheduled to add the plans for Big Surprise or
      > Surprise II to the plans section? If they are there, I have missed
      > them on several searches.

      Never board a ship without an onion, is sound doctrine.
      <H. W. Tilman>