Boat Sales

  • nccummins
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2004
      My Dad built "surprise", a William Atkin design and, years later,
      commissioned John Atkin to expand the design to a larger boat which
      he is now selling. Are we allowed to post ads on the messageboard?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2004
        Non-commercial ads for boats are perfectly alright here.

        Is the boat for sale built to the plans called "Big Surprise"?

        Do you remember anything about how the regular Surprise performed? For some
        reason (well, maybe the Universal Fisherman sitting in the garage has
        something to do with it <g>) Surprise appeals to me.

        On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:41:22 -0000, N Cummins wrote:
        > My Dad built "surprise", a William Atkin design and, years later,
        > commissioned John Atkin to expand the design to a larger boat which
        > he is now selling. Are we allowed to post ads on the messageboard?

        One boat just leads to another.
        <John Kohnen>
      • Lewis E. Gordon
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2004
          John,

          Would it be appropriate for a commercial Atkins builder to have a link
          in the "links" section? NOT ME! I'm just asking!

          Also, do you have scheduled to add the plans for Big Surprise or
          Surprise II to the plans section? If they are there, I have missed
          them on several searches.

          Thanks,
          Lewis

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
            Some folks cry "spam!" whenever they see anything at all commercial in their
            mailbox, I'm not that sensitive, but in deference to them I discourage
            outright commercial postings here in the forum (except from Atkin & Co. of
            course! <g>). Links to builders of Atkin boats would be appropriate in the
            links section. In fact, if they could let us know about their Atkin boats in
            a way that doesn't seem blatantly commercial I'd welcome them doing so in
            the forum.

            Someday soon I'll be setting up a links page in the Atkin site. If you've
            got any suggestions for what to put there, please let me know. For general
            nautical links I'm just going to send people the The Mother Of All Maritime
            Links, so what I'm looking for are links of particular interest to Atkin
            fans.

            I've asked Mrs. Atkin to see if the plans for Big Surprise are available,
            and if they are I'll put her into the catalog.

            On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:57:00 -0000, Lewis wrote:

            > John,
            >
            > Would it be appropriate for a commercial Atkins builder to have a link
            > in the "links" section? NOT ME! I'm just asking!
            >
            > Also, do you have scheduled to add the plans for Big Surprise or
            > Surprise II to the plans section? If they are there, I have missed
            > them on several searches.

            Never board a ship without an onion, is sound doctrine.
            <H. W. Tilman>