Re: [AtkinBoats] Great Bear Sloop

  • John B. Trussell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
      The time necessary to build a hull varies directly with the number of pieces needed. Mosy Atkins skiffs were intended to be built from lumber and the skiffs use fairly wide lapstrake planks on the sides with cross planking on the bottom. The number of pieces required can be minimized by using plywood for the bottom and sides (although plywood requires at least as much framing as the original plans call for). It doesn't make a lot of sense to use strip planking or cold molding to build straight panels.

      John T