Re: Rescue Minor

  • adharvey2
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 19, 2004
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "oldbingey" <bingey@r...> wrote:
      > Oldbingey, those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us!
      Since you have some experience with the little Kubota engines, I
      wonder if you could comment on their suitability for flat bottomed
      boats like "Little Effort". John Atkins seemed to have some
      reservations about diesels in flat bottomed hulls, but I don't know if
      those would still be applicable.
      Andrew Harvey
      > There are some new pictures of the boat I call "Rescue Minor" on my
      > web page: www.robbwhite.com.
    • ojskiff
      Message 38 of 38 , May 18 5:23 AM
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com