Re: Article on the Atkins

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
      I was so impressed with the article, I wanted to know more about the
      Atkins. One of the books mentioned in the article is "The book of
      Boats." Well I got MY copy in the mail today !!!! What a Christmas
      present.. I ordered the combined version of the "First Book of Boats"
      and the "Second Book of Boats." EXCELLENT !!! Easy to find at my
      favorite online bookstore. A GREAT $35.00 present to myself..

      http://www.abebooks.com/docs/RareBooks/index.shtml

      Scott

      -- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
      > I've just got done putting an excellent article on the Atkins by
      Daniel
      > MacNaughton online. This is the article that appeared in WoodenBoat
      a few
      > years ago -- reprinted with the blessings of WB and the author.
      Please take

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2004
        Good for you Scott! That's a good book. But to really learn more about
        Billy Atkin, anyway, you should read Of Yachts and Men, his reminiscence.
        It's still in print in a reprint, and if you go to my, so far rudimentary,
        Books page you can buy it there and Amazon will give me a kick-back. :o)

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Books/

        On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:56:14 -0000, Scott wrote:

        > I was so impressed with the article, I wanted to know more about the
        > Atkins. One of the books mentioned in the article is "The book of
        > Boats." Well I got MY copy in the mail today !!!! What a Christmas
        > present.. I ordered the combined version of the "First Book of Boats"
        > and the "Second Book of Boats." EXCELLENT !!! Easy to find at my
        > favorite online bookstore. A GREAT $35.00 present to myself..

        People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
        <Logan Pearsall Smith>
      • Scott Holt
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
          Thanks for the info. Went there, did that, and you'll
          get your kickback.

          Happy Holidays

          Scott

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250