RE: [AtkinBoats] Re: Boat Festival Pix

  • William E. Parker
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2004
      Well, now that I've looked at the right group of photos, they are a great
      collection, although the potential fate of the sloop that went aground was
      horrifying. Glad it turned out OK. Looked like it was blowing pretty good
      that day.

      I'll say this about Adventuress...so looks like she could stretch out and
      go. I'd love to have a trick at the wheel when the wind is a bit aft and
      blowing about 20.

      It is comforting that other people have far more varnishing to do than I do.

      Great pictures of Ceridwen, John, would love to link to them from my site
      for the Maid of Kent page...

        Great pictures, John! I think I'll go to that show next year. Maybe
        I'll have Elon Jessup to bring along. Now there's a motivating thought.
        Andrew Harvey

        > Some of you here may be interested in seeing some of the photos I
        took at
        > the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival back in September, even though
        > there's only on Atkin boat shown:
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2004/
        >
        > --
        > John <jkohnen@b...>
        > http://www.boat-links.com/
        > He got hold of the red meat of the language and turned it into
        hamburgers.
        > <Richard Gordon on Ernest Hemingway>

        No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be
        polite.

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 5, 2004
          An event like that is a great motivation. Around here the Depoe Bay Wooden
          Boat Festival at the end of April is the spur to get those winter projects
          done.

          The trouble with the PT festival is that it's towards the end of the best
          sailing season, so your boat is getting dirty and beat up and so you don't
          want to put it in the show for people to get a good look at. ;o)

          Next year I'll remind people on this list that a bunch of us boat nuts meet
          Saturday morning for brunch and boat talk at the PT festival.

          On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:28:38 -0000, Andrew wrote:

          > Great pictures, John! I think I'll go to that show next year. Maybe
          > I'll have Elon Jessup to bring along. Now there's a motivating thought.
          > Andrew Harvey

          Heaven, as conventionally conceived, is a place so inane, so dull,
          so useless, so miserable, that nobody has ever ventured to describe
          a whole day in heaven, though plenty of people have described
          a day at the seashore. <G. B. Shaw>
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 5, 2004
            At least two fiberglass boats weren't as lucky as the sloop that came ashore
            near Sirens. They hit the rock riprap over by the ferry slip. One got pulled
            off Friday night -- it floated anyway -- but the other got a big hole in it
            and had to be patched up before they could get it off.

            For a limited time, I've got some other photos available of Adventuress and
            some of an Adirondack guide boat with an out-of-practice oarswomen in it
            Friday afternoon (taken by a fellow from Adirondack Guide Boat dot com):

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Adventuress/Adventuress-2.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Adventuress/Adventuress-3.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Adventuress/Adventuress-4.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Adventuress/Adventuress-4A.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Adventuress/Adventuress-5.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Mikalia01.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Mikalia02.jpg

            http://www.boat-links.com/images/Mikalia03.jpg

            Bill- I'll mail you a CD with a bunch of pictures of Ceridwen. I took a ton
            of them! <g>

            On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:31:35 -0500, Bill wrote:

            > Well, now that I've looked at the right group of photos, they are a great
            > collection, although the potential fate of the sloop that went aground was
            > horrifying. Glad it turned out OK. Looked like it was blowing pretty
            good
            > that day.
            >
            > I'll say this about Adventuress...so looks like she could stretch out and
            > go. I'd love to have a trick at the wheel when the wind is a bit aft and
            > blowing about 20.
            >
            > It is comforting that other people have far more varnishing to do than I
            do.

            > Great pictures of Ceridwen, John, would love to link to them from my site
            > for the Maid of Kent page...

            Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you a
            bully and a bore. <Robert Morley>