Re: [AtkinBoats] Study Plans

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
      For very nearly all of the Atkin boats what you get for a study plan is a
      photocopy of a how-to-build article from MoToR BoatinG magazine. The article
      will have small-scale reproductions of the lines, arrangement, deck plan,
      construction and sail plan or outboard profile drawings; a description of
      the boat, it's scantlings, and how to build it, plus, usually, a bit of
      Billy Atkins romantic prose. The article will serve as building instructions
      if you buy the plans. I'm not sure just what you get for study plans of some
      of John Atkin's boats that weren't published in MoToR BoatinG. They might
      consist of a collection of magazine reviews of the design. I'm putting
      together some study plans for some of the new additions to the catalog that
      consist of magazine reviews plus lines and other drawings.

      This will also be the building instructions if you buy the plans.

      On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:20:16 -0000, Steven wrote:

      > Can some one give me a good idea of what is contained in the study
      > plans?

      I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it
      on, I go to the library and read a good book. <Groucho Marx>