Re: [AtkinBoats] Article on the Atkins

  • Scott Holt
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
      EXCELLENT !!!!! This is must reading for all who loves
      Atkins boats.. I have been searching the web looking
      for more information on the Atkins without success...
      Thanks John for sharing.

      No problems loading or speed of loading on my wireless
      modem.

      Scott

      PS: Received an email from Ms. Atkin stating she
      would be sending me the plans soon.

      Happy Thanksgiving to all...

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Scott
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
        I was so impressed with the article, I wanted to know more about the
        Atkins. One of the books mentioned in the article is "The book of
        Boats." Well I got MY copy in the mail today !!!! What a Christmas
        present.. I ordered the combined version of the "First Book of Boats"
        and the "Second Book of Boats." EXCELLENT !!! Easy to find at my
        favorite online bookstore. A GREAT $35.00 present to myself..

        http://www.abebooks.com/docs/RareBooks/index.shtml

        Scott

        -- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
        > I've just got done putting an excellent article on the Atkins by
        Daniel
        > MacNaughton online. This is the article that appeared in WoodenBoat
        a few
        > years ago -- reprinted with the blessings of WB and the author.
        Please take

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2004
          Good for you Scott! That's a good book. But to really learn more about
          Billy Atkin, anyway, you should read Of Yachts and Men, his reminiscence.
          It's still in print in a reprint, and if you go to my, so far rudimentary,
          Books page you can buy it there and Amazon will give me a kick-back. :o)

          http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Books/

          On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:56:14 -0000, Scott wrote:

          > I was so impressed with the article, I wanted to know more about the
          > Atkins. One of the books mentioned in the article is "The book of
          > Boats." Well I got MY copy in the mail today !!!! What a Christmas
          > present.. I ordered the combined version of the "First Book of Boats"
          > and the "Second Book of Boats." EXCELLENT !!! Easy to find at my
          > favorite online bookstore. A GREAT $35.00 present to myself..

          People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
          <Logan Pearsall Smith>
        • Scott Holt
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
            Thanks for the info. Went there, did that, and you'll
            get your kickback.

            Happy Holidays

            Scott

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250