Article on the Atkins

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
      I've just got done putting an excellent article on the Atkins by Daniel
      MacNaughton online. This is the article that appeared in WoodenBoat a few
      years ago -- reprinted with the blessings of WB and the author. Please take
      a look, and let me know if you notice any errors or problems. Does it load
      too slowly on a dial-up connection? If so, I can split it up. It was
      published in two parts in WB:

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Articles/MacNaughton/

      What is more pleasant than a friendly little yacht, a long stretch of
      smooth water, a gentle breeze, the stars? <Billy Atkin>
    • Scott Holt
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
        EXCELLENT !!!!! This is must reading for all who loves
        Atkins boats.. I have been searching the web looking
        for more information on the Atkins without success...
        Thanks John for sharing.

        No problems loading or speed of loading on my wireless
        modem.

        Scott

        PS: Received an email from Ms. Atkin stating she
        would be sending me the plans soon.

        Happy Thanksgiving to all...

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
          I was so impressed with the article, I wanted to know more about the
          Atkins. One of the books mentioned in the article is "The book of
          Boats." Well I got MY copy in the mail today !!!! What a Christmas
          present.. I ordered the combined version of the "First Book of Boats"
          and the "Second Book of Boats." EXCELLENT !!! Easy to find at my
          favorite online bookstore. A GREAT $35.00 present to myself..

          http://www.abebooks.com/docs/RareBooks/index.shtml

          Scott

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2004
            Good for you Scott! That's a good book. But to really learn more about
            Billy Atkin, anyway, you should read Of Yachts and Men, his reminiscence.
            It's still in print in a reprint, and if you go to my, so far rudimentary,
            Books page you can buy it there and Amazon will give me a kick-back. :o)

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Books/

            On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:56:14 -0000, Scott wrote:

            > I was so impressed with the article, I wanted to know more about the
            > Atkins. One of the books mentioned in the article is "The book of
            > Boats." Well I got MY copy in the mail today !!!! What a Christmas
            > present.. I ordered the combined version of the "First Book of Boats"
            > and the "Second Book of Boats." EXCELLENT !!! Easy to find at my
            > favorite online bookstore. A GREAT $35.00 present to myself..

            People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
            <Logan Pearsall Smith>
          • Scott Holt
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
              Thanks for the info. Went there, did that, and you'll
              get your kickback.

              Happy Holidays

              Scott

              http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250