24'Martha Green

  • smalltrawl
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      I would like to chat with anyone who has built, intends to build,
      or currently building a Martha Green motor cruiser.
    • terry lesh
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        Where are you located? This a beautiful little cruiser, I have been looking for one too. Don't know that I have the time or the skills for such a project, though I have built many small (< 16' small boats using stitch and glue, though I did build the Popular Mechanics Sunfish frame boat way back in the early 60's. You can see some of the boats I built by going to Yahoo.com/images/Toto & Windance.

        Terry Lesh

        smalltrawl <smalltrawl@...> wrote:

        I would like to chat with anyone who has built, intends to build,
        or currently building a Martha Green motor cruiser.

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • smalltrawl
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, terry lesh <terrylesh33@y...>
          wrote:
          > Where are you located? This a beautiful little cruiser, I have been
          looking for one too. Don't know that I have the time or the skills
          for such a project, though I have built many small (< 16' small boats
          using stitch and glue, though I did build the Popular Mechanics
          Sunfish frame boat way back in the early 60's. You can see some of
          the boats I built by going to Yahoo.com/images/Toto & Windance.

          > Terry Lesh
          >
          > smalltrawl <smalltrawl@y...> wrote:
          >

          > I would like to chat with anyone who has built, intends to build,
          > or currently building a Martha Green motor cruiser.
          >
          > Terry, I am located in W. Barnstable Ma. ( Cape Cod) ,I am a
          builder of small boats(to 30' ). I am building Martha Green for
          myself. I think I will be building it cold molded as it will send the
          winters on a trailer. I would like to hear any comments on its
          performance. Pete Hammond If you set out to build an Atkin boat,
          please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so
          at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the
          performance of the resulting boat.

          > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • terry lesh
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
            If you build her we all would be interested in an article and photos of the process in www.smallcraftadvisor.com, or www.duckworksmagazine.com, or Woodenboat, or the Atkins group.

            Terry

            wrote:
            > Where are you located? This a beautiful little cruiser, I have been
            looking for one too. Don't know that I have the time or the skills
            for such a project, though I have built many small (< 16' small boats
            using stitch and glue, though I did build the Popular Mechanics
            Sunfish frame boat way back in the early 60's. You can see some of
            the boats I built by going to Yahoo.com/images/Toto & Windance.

            > Terry Lesh
            >
            > smalltrawl <smalltrawl@y...> wrote:
            >

            > I would like to chat with anyone who has built, intends to build,
            > or currently building a Martha Green motor cruiser.
            >
            > Terry, I am located in W. Barnstable Ma. ( Cape Cod) ,I am a
            builder of small boats(to 30' ). I am building Martha Green for
            myself. I think I will be building it cold molded as it will send the
            winters on a trailer. I would like to hear any comments on its
            performance. Pete Hammond If you set out to build an Atkin boat,
            please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so
            at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the
            performance of the resulting boat.

            > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

            <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            Get unlimited calls to

            U.S./Canada

          • j_freach
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
              Hello

              I just sent off for a set of Martha Green plans. It looks like what
              I've been seeking in a boat for a long time. It's compact but with
              full standing headroom below and trailerable.

              I'm living in Vermont so there's plenty of big inland water to use her
              in.

              I'd like to here from you Martha fans.

              Jim