Thinking about Twilight

  • cluttonfred
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2014
      No, not the teen vampire books and movies, the Atkin boat!
      I have only built a few Bolger plywood boats so I know there would be a learning curve, but Twilight seems like a great little boat to tackle as a retirement project and then use for coastal and inland cruising.  Does anyone have any photos of a completed boat and/or any suggestions or warnings from experience with this or similar designs?
      Cheers,
      Matthew
    • cluttonfred
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2014
        Wow, not a peep in four days.  Anybody home?
      • jim.bagley@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2014
          I think every one is asleep.
          I see that others at the wooden boat web site have looked for pics of this boat also without any reply. Maybe there are not many builds. What is it about this particular boat that you like?
          Jim
        • cluttonfred
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2014
            Hi, Jim.  I actually got both Twilight and Little Bear plans from Pat Atkin.  The latter is basically a slightly larger and tweaked versino of the former.  For both I like the spacious rear house, shoal draft and overall character of the boats, though I have also ordered plans for the sail auxiliary motorboat Little Silver which would be a much simpler project.  Cheers, Matthew