Need information and guidance on 1928 Atkins Ketch

  • caninesar2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2014

      Hello - We are restoring a 1928 Atkins Centerboard Ketch. This is what we believe:

      • Boat was commissioned for sailing on Lake Saint Clair
      • Boat may have been named the Cynthia or possibly Moonbeam
      • Boat is 30' LOA (without Bow sprit), approximately 35' (+/-) with Bow sprit
      • Beam is 10'
      • Displacement is 14,000 lbs

      The boat is being restored in Saint Clair Shores however we have no boat plans, and have questions on several design aspects (including the dimensions of the centerboard and centerboard trunk (which are missing)).

      Does anyone have a resource or information which would be helpful? We have been to the Akins & Co website (we didn't see the boat there, however the Margery Daw is an approximation). We don't believe our boat to be the Margery Daw.

      Thanks