Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Rescue Minor

    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 10, 2013
      Why not just trust that Billy Atkin knew what he was doing and offset the
      shaft the amount shown on the plans? <sigh>

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      The security of the Kingdom is increased by every man being more
      Message 38 of 38 , May 18, 2014
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com