RE: [AtkinBoats] Re: Rescue Minor

  • Alan Boman
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 9, 2013

      Hi Guys,

      Just as a matter of detail, “River Belle” is another Atkin Tunnel Stern that has the prop shaft offset 5 degrees to counter Prop. Walk, and from memory, I think “Nanuk III” does too.  These are both contemporaries of “Rescue Minor” from the early forties.

      River Bell’s engine was placed right at the stern in the original design, although I have moved it forward by 1 metre and flattened the shaft angle to be parallel with the water line.  We’ll see how well it works (or not) in due course….

      Alan

      South Australia

      Message 38 of 38 , May 18, 2014
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com