Any designers among the group?

  • Stephen Newdell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2013
      Hello,

      Do we have any small boat designers among the group? I'd like to enlarge Little Bear to 30' and with minor changes. Can anyone quote a price for this design work?

      StephenNewdell@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2013
        It's wise of you to seek professional help to modify Little Bear. Building
        a boat that size is a Big and expensive project, so you don't want to take
        a chance that the result will be an unsatisfactory boat.

        http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Sail/LittleBear.html

        Jay Benford apprenticed with John Atkin for a few years in the '60s, so is
        familiar with the way the Atkins designed boats:

        http://www.benford.us/

        Paul Gartside is a friend of Mrs. Atkin and is also familiar with the
        Atkin designs:

        http://www.gartsideboats.com/

        --
        John (jkohnen@...)
        A fool and his money are soon elected. (Will Rogers)