Tiny Ripple

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
      Dennis Banta, of Albany, Ore., built a beautiful Tiny Ripple to use as
      tender to his electric mini-tug. I got to see it in action at the recent
      Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Show:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/sets/72157633344127723/

      Dennis used mostly 4mm (I think) plywood, and built the boat stitch 'n'
      goo fashion. It's very light, and you can see that it works very well.

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
        Really a nice match for his Tug. In fact one would be lessened by the absence of the other.

        > Dennis Banta, of Albany, Ore., built a beautiful Tiny Ripple to use as
        > tender to his electric mini-tug. I got to see it in action at the recent
        > Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Show:
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/sets/72157633344127723/
        >
        > Dennis used mostly 4mm (I think) plywood, and built the boat stitch 'n'
        > goo fashion. It's very light, and you can see that it works very well.
        >
        > --
        > John (jkohnen@...)
        > People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes
        > you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the
        > business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily
        > obtained. (Jerome K. Jerome)

      • erinspeace
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25
          Hello. I just ordered the plans for the Tiny Ripple. And I'm keen for any advice or experience people have had building it. It will be a birthday gift for my young son.