Re: Little Maid of Kent toerail attachment dilemma

  • JOSEPH
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 7:53 AM
      Love the photos. Looks like you've been doing lots of good work.

      My recommendation is that you bevel the toe rail outward to match the angle of your sheer strake (or closer to it). That'll give you plenty of room to screw into the sheer strake. I'd probably bed the toe rail in something like Sikaflex 291 so that I could actually take it apart again if needed.

      Something like this: http://www.eyeinhand.com/Marginalia/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ToeRailPlugDetail-0520.jpeg

      Best of luck.

      --Joe