RE: [AtkinBoats] Re: Fore An' Aft

  • expeditions
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 6, 2013

      He is right on about Long leaf YP these days.  I used very large timbers from old factories for a 34 cutter I have.  The structure of that wood was markedly different that current or even a few decades on YP.  This holds true or even more so for Doug Fir.

      WO and Bronze -- very good combination.

      From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
      To: "AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, April 5, 2013, 12:54 PM

      I have a Fore n Aft built in the 50s, the keel and deadwood are white oak, which is great, SYP just lasts longer.

      John Frodigh