Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Fore An' Aft

  • Giuliano Girometta
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 5, 2013
      That is the good one.
      I have about 300 bf that I salvaged from an old building. They now are at least 98 years old.
      You must see the difference between the two after you clear the surface with the planer.

      Giuliano

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 6, 2013

        He is right on about Long leaf YP these days.  I used very large timbers from old factories for a 34 cutter I have.  The structure of that wood was markedly different that current or even a few decades on YP.  This holds true or even more so for Doug Fir.

        WO and Bronze -- very good combination.

        White oak is a good substitute. Today's SYP is totally different, they now altered the genetic of the seeds to speed up the growt and the actual SYP is no more hard and rot resistant like the old.

        Giuliano