Re: Mystery boat on Lady Ben

  • Keven
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
      Looking at only the size ( the advert says length over 40ft ) - and the hull lines...

      ...I would say that it is a Gundred - with a single mast.

      http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Sail/Gundred.html

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "JohnA" wrote:

      > Anyone know anything about the Atkin listed on Lady Ben? The design isn't specified, but it looks like a Vixen to me:
      >
      > http://www.ladyben.com/SearchResultsFull.asp?VesselID=4357

    • expeditions
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013

        seem the LOA included the bowsprit or something - look at LWL for more accurate numbers.  Points to a smaller hull., in addition the beam is 11ft, so its beamier.

        Looking at only the size ( the advert says length over 40ft ) - and the hull lines...

        ...I would say that it is a Gundred - with a single mast.

        http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Sail/Gundred.html

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "JohnA" wrote:

        > Anyone know anything about the Atkin listed on Lady Ben? The design isn't specified, but it looks like a Vixen to me:
        >
        > http://www.ladyben.com/SearchResultsFull.asp?VesselID=4357

      • Paul Behnken
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
          Looks like an Eric to me....
          http://www.boatersresources.com/bfs_detail.php?adid=106897
        • mrk_gillett
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
            a quality survey would be money well spent. as beautiful as it is, it is an 86 year old boat.

            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Paul Behnken wrote:

            > Looks like an Eric to me....
            > http://www.boatersresources.com/bfs_detail.php?adid=106897

          • JohnA
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
              From the "Brokers Comments", sounds like she might be a slight variation from the Eric, but in that size range. A "Victoria", perhaps?

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                I think I remember this boat as a kid in Florida, used to belong to a friend of my parents.  She's listed in the Register of Wooden Boats (woodenboat.com) as belonging to a Jack Donowho (no kidding) in St. Petersburg, but I suspect that's old info.  Jack is still around, near as I can tell.  You have me curious.