Mystery boat on Lady Ben

  • JohnA
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
      Anyone know anything about the Atkin listed on Lady Ben? The design isn't specified, but it looks like a Vixen to me:

      http://www.ladyben.com/SearchResultsFull.asp?VesselID=4357
    • Paul Behnken
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013

        Anyone know anything about the Atkin listed on Lady Ben? The design isn't specified, but it looks like a Vixen to me:

        http://www.ladyben.com/SearchResultsFull.asp?VesselID=4357

      • expeditions
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013

          Ingrid or thistle designed by the Bill

            Anyone know anything about the Atkin listed on Lady Ben? The design isn't specified, but it looks like a Vixen to me:

            http://www.ladyben.com/SearchResultsFull.asp?VesselID=4357

            No virus found in this message.

          • Keven
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
              Looking at only the size ( the advert says length over 40ft ) - and the hull lines...

              ...I would say that it is a Gundred - with a single mast.

              http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Sail/Gundred.html

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013

                seem the LOA included the bowsprit or something - look at LWL for more accurate numbers.  Points to a smaller hull., in addition the beam is 11ft, so its beamier.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                  Looks like an Eric to me....
                  http://www.boatersresources.com/bfs_detail.php?adid=106897
                • mrk_gillett
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                    a quality survey would be money well spent. as beautiful as it is, it is an 86 year old boat.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                      From the "Brokers Comments", sounds like she might be a slight variation from the Eric, but in that size range. A "Victoria", perhaps?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 29, 2013
                        I think I remember this boat as a kid in Florida, used to belong to a friend of my parents.  She's listed in the Register of Wooden Boats (woodenboat.com) as belonging to a Jack Donowho (no kidding) in St. Petersburg, but I suspect that's old info.  Jack is still around, near as I can tell.  You have me curious.