Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale

  • Virgil gentry
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
      Hello, Price and location?

      Thanks, Virgil
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:29 AM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale

      If anybody is interested, I have a Rescue Minor for sale. The particulars are below. There are a few photo's on Atkin's website of MAGIC under construction and completed.

      Just launched a Jericho Bay Lobster skiff.

      Next project will most likely be a SPERMACETI with an outboard in a well.

      Thanks,

      Dan

      MAGIC
      Rescue Minor
      19' 6" Tunnel Stern V-Bottom Seabright Skiff

      Designed by William Atkin in WWII as a shallow water crash rescue boat
      Particulars:
      • Hull is composite fully encapsulated with epoxy, 2 coats High Build primer, outside hull and decks covered with 6 oz cloth
      • Frames - trim grade KDAT Southern Yellow Pine
      • Bronze Fastened (Yes Virginia, the shelves and deck beams are fastened with HD galvanized bolts).
      • Chines and Sheer Clamps steam bent Yellow Popular
      • Stem, Box Deadwood, Engine Beds all 2 inch Mahogany
      • Hull planking Fir Marine plywood sides ¾ inch (two layers 3/8") , keel 1 ½ inch two layers ¾")
      • Engine – Yanmar 3 GM 20 shaft HP (Engine had less than 300 hours when installed in Magic with 0 –hours on new meter.)
      • New 2.61 Reduction Gear
      • 13"x 12" Three Blade Bronze Prop
      • Bronze Stern Tube and PYI Drip-less packing gland
      • Custom Tiller Steering
      • 26 Gallon welded aluminum diesel tank.
      • Battery Interstate Group 27 with main switch.
      • Electrical Bonding System
      • All wiring connectors heat shrunk, tagged and numbered
      • Two Bilge pumps - one manual and one automatic\manual.
      • Florida Title and FL Registration
      • Ritchie Power Damp Compass
      • Garmin GPS 182 Color.
      • Uniden In Dash Depth Finder
      • Navigation Lights, Horn, Fuel Gauge, Rod Holders, Rod Storage Rack, Dry storage in bow
      • Deck Cleats, Bow eye, Stern Lifting eyes
      • New Custom built Galvanized Trailer
      • Launched March 2009

      This is an Ideal shallow water flats boat, Yacht Tender, Harbor Master's Launch. Fuel consumption < ½ Gallon per hour, Range in excess of 500 miles. Note this is a semi-displacement hull. The builder is a U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Captain.

    • Dan Houston
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
        Asking 39k , reasonable offers considered.
        NW FL
        Dan

        To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
        From: baybird@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:55:30 -0800
        Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale

        Hello, Price and location?

        Thanks, Virgil

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
          Dan,

          I saw your pictures a few years ago. I live in Santa Rosa Beach and would love to get a look at your boat if I could. Looks like the perfect little bay boat.

          Thanks

          Paul
          > Asking 39k , reasonable offers considered.NW FLDan
          > To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
          > From: baybird@...
          > Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:55:30 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale

          > Hello, Price and location?
          >
          > Thanks, Virgil

        • Dan Houston
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2013
            Paul,

            Email me at sportboat16athotmail and I will give you my contact info.

            Thanks,

            Dan

            To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
            From: pwr_2601@...