Rescue Minor For Sale

  • magicrescueminor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2012
      If anybody is interested, I have a Rescue Minor for sale. The particulars are below. There are a few photo's on Atkin's website of MAGIC under construction and completed.

      Just launched a Jericho Bay Lobster skiff.

      Next project will most likely be a SPERMACETI with an outboard in a well.

      Thanks,

      Dan

      MAGIC
      Rescue Minor
      19' 6" Tunnel Stern V-Bottom Seabright Skiff

      Designed by William Atkin in WWII as a shallow water crash rescue boat
      Particulars:
      • Hull is composite fully encapsulated with epoxy, 2 coats High Build primer, outside hull and decks covered with 6 oz cloth
      • Frames - trim grade KDAT Southern Yellow Pine
      • Bronze Fastened (Yes Virginia, the shelves and deck beams are fastened with HD galvanized bolts).
      • Chines and Sheer Clamps steam bent Yellow Popular
      • Stem, Box Deadwood, Engine Beds all 2 inch Mahogany
      • Hull planking Fir Marine plywood sides ¾ inch (two layers 3/8") , keel 1 ½ inch two layers ¾")
      • Engine – Yanmar 3 GM 20 shaft HP (Engine had less than 300 hours when installed in Magic with 0 –hours on new meter.)
      • New 2.61 Reduction Gear
      • 13"x 12" Three Blade Bronze Prop
      • Bronze Stern Tube and PYI Drip-less packing gland
      • Custom Tiller Steering
      • 26 Gallon welded aluminum diesel tank.
      • Battery Interstate Group 27 with main switch.
      • Electrical Bonding System
      • All wiring connectors heat shrunk, tagged and numbered
      • Two Bilge pumps - one manual and one automatic\manual.
      • Florida Title and FL Registration
      • Ritchie Power Damp Compass
      • Garmin GPS 182 Color.
      • Uniden In Dash Depth Finder
      • Navigation Lights, Horn, Fuel Gauge, Rod Holders, Rod Storage Rack, Dry storage in bow
      • Deck Cleats, Bow eye, Stern Lifting eyes
      • New Custom built Galvanized Trailer
      • Launched March 2009

      This is an Ideal shallow water flats boat, Yacht Tender, Harbor Master's Launch. Fuel consumption < ½ Gallon per hour, Range in excess of 500 miles. Note this is a semi-displacement hull. The builder is a U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Captain.
    • Virgil gentry
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
        Hello, Price and location?

        Thanks, Virgil

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2012
          Asking 39k , reasonable offers considered.
          NW FL
          Dan

          To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
          From: baybird@...
          Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:55:30 -0800
          Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale

          Hello, Price and location?

          Thanks, Virgil

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
            Dan,

            I saw your pictures a few years ago. I live in Santa Rosa Beach and would love to get a look at your boat if I could. Looks like the perfect little bay boat.

            Thanks

            Paul
            > Asking 39k , reasonable offers considered.NW FLDan
            > To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
            > From: baybird@...
            > Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:55:30 -0800
            > Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor For Sale

            > Hello, Price and location?
            >
            > Thanks, Virgil

          • Dan Houston
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2013
              Paul,

              Email me at sportboat16athotmail and I will give you my contact info.

              Thanks,

              Dan

              To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com
              From: pwr_2601@...