Re: [AtkinBoats] Black Pearl Status

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21 7:49 AM
      I always say, I can do anything, if I do it slowly enough. With boats, you just have to take the time needed, which -- in my limited experience -- is usually 3X what I first thought it would be.

      It might help to make a list of JUST the things needed to get her back in the water with a sound hull. Once she's afloat, you can make a list of all the things needed to get her sailing. When that list is done, what you need to build for comfortable cruising, and so on.

      The point is you can have a lot of fun on a boat, even if she never leaves the mooring while you work on her rigging. And you can do a whole lot of sailing/cruising in an empty hull. You don't have to wait until she's done before you launch her.

      You just gotta take it one step at a time, with the goal of getting as much fun as possible out of her, as you go along.

      That's my two-cents, anyway!

      — John

      "What people say you cannot do, you try and find you can." -- Thoreau