Re: Shoals Runner project

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2012
      I will be excited to watch your progress. The only photos of a Shoals Runner I have seen are on Atkin's site and the boatworks link is down. I don't think the boat performed the way expected. I think they increased the freeboard and added too much weight. I was on their site when it was still up and the weight of the boat seemed much to high. I am sure you have seen this photo.

      http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Photos/ShoalsRunner/WelchSR-03.jpg

      I maybe tempted to build a slightly shorter Rescue Minor or a Heron with the last two stern stations from the Minor. It would be great to see how a runner preforms that was lightly built or built to plans.

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2012
        I have added a couple of pics to the 'Shoals Runner Project'
        Have fun, Bob
      • Steve Paul
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2012

          Thank you.