Re: Shoals Runner project

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2012
      > Cool. Are you planning to stick to the design, with the windshield and bench seat? Or going with the center-console, workboat look?

      I haven't decided on the layout yet. The boat will be used as a recreational fishing boat and also as a picnik boat for hanging out on the beach or sandbar.

      I am thinking of a mostly open design, but I also want seating for a few people. Once I build the model and figure out the engine box and other mechanicals I will design the layout.

      Bob R.
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2012
        I will be excited to watch your progress. The only photos of a Shoals Runner I have seen are on Atkin's site and the boatworks link is down. I don't think the boat performed the way expected. I think they increased the freeboard and added too much weight. I was on their site when it was still up and the weight of the boat seemed much to high. I am sure you have seen this photo.

        http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Photos/ShoalsRunner/WelchSR-03.jpg

        I maybe tempted to build a slightly shorter Rescue Minor or a Heron with the last two stern stations from the Minor. It would be great to see how a runner preforms that was lightly built or built to plans.

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8 7:44 AM
          I have added a couple of pics to the 'Shoals Runner Project'
          Have fun, Bob
        • Steve Paul
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8 2:00 PM

            Thank you.