Atkins Seal

  • chriseds@y7mail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2012
      Hi I am a newbie here.
      I am trying to choose a boat to build that will be suitable for passage making. I plan to go voyage from Australia(melbourne)to Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines. I am considering the Atkins "Seal" a 31 foot raised deck cruiser.
      I wanted a boat that was would be economical to run and still be large enough to live aboard for extended voyages.
      I have never built a boat before but have refurbished "clinker built " boats as well as fibre Glass sheathing older wooden boats.
      Having only ever had coastal cruisers I would appreciate advice regarding boat selection and more importantly , things to avoid,
      many thanks
      chris.e