Re: [AtkinBoats] Bronze Foundry/ Shoals Runner
- You might find a local machine shop that can make one from bar stock. Internet-wise, I'd first try www.duckworksbbs.com and then http://www.farmerscopper.com . www.mcmaster.com is another source for industrial supplies.dcOn Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Robert <bigwahoo@...> wrote:
I am new to this group; I found this group with a
Google search for Atkins boats.
I have built several boats; Canoes, Skiffs, two (side by side)
John Gardner sailing Flatties, and helped build a couple of Florida
I now live in Louisville Ky.
I was looking for a small fishing boat for fishing around the
Florida/Alabama panhandle and also Chesapeake Bay area. Both an easy
days drive for short vacation trips. I had heard of Rescue Minor but
was looking for a little larger boat that I could run a little ways
To get to the point; after looking at the Atkins boats site and
ordering the plans catalog I have decided to build Shoals Runner. I have
seen,(on-line), some attempts from people at building this boat but
everyone seems to change the stern-tunnel lines. I want to build true
to the lines plan; I will use some modern materials and techniques.
I have been able to find the materials that I need for the boat;
except I need to find a foundry that can cast the bronze shoe keel. I
will make the pattern but need to find someone that will do the casting.
Thanks for reading this wordy post and thanks for any help and
comments on this new project.
Have Fun, Bob R.
> You might find a local machine shop that can make one from bar stock.This was pretty much my thought too (or sheet or plate). Try
<www.atlasmetal.com> to get an idea what sizes of material are
- Lunenburg Foundry http://www.lunenburgfoundry.com/
- Castings for machinery, shipbuilding and marine
- Specialized in small run castings from either a drawing or pattern.
- Casting to Lloyds Registry of Shipping and Canadian Steamship Inspection quality standards.
- Capability of performing strength tests and various other forms of analysis.
- Raw materials for non-ferrous molding meet ASTM quality standards.
Maximum Casting Weights Weight Metal or Alloy Maximum 1200 lbs. Brass, Bronze, Zinc Aluminum 400 lbs Main Office 902-634-8827 902-634-8886
This transmission is not a digital or electronic signature and cannot be used to form, document, or authenticate a contract. Hilton and its affiliates accept no liability arising in connection with this transmission.Copyright 2012 Hilton Worldwide Proprietary and Confidential