Offsets for "Happy Clam"

  • Alan Boman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011

      Hi Folks,

      Does anyone have the offsets for “Happy Clam” from September 1950 ?

      Atkin doesn’t actually describe it as a “Tunnel Stern”, but it clearly has the same characteristic hull shape of the others in the series.

      Thanks

      Alan

      Alan Boman

      È 0408 014 234

      ( 08 8278 4109

      * PO Box 84, BELAIR, SA, 5052

      þ www.RhapsodyInGlue.com

    • Ned
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
        Just posted a PDF of the Mechanix Illustrated (July 1951) article to the Files section; it has a table of offsets.

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Boman" <alan@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >

        > Does anyone have the offsets for "Happy Clam" from September 1950 ?
        >

        > Atkin doesn't actually describe it as a "Tunnel Stern", but it clearly has
        > the same characteristic hull shape of the others in the series.
        >

        > Thanks
        >

        > Alan
        >

        > Alan Boman
        >
        > È 0408 014 234
        >
        > ( 08 8278 4109
        >
        > * PO Box 84, BELAIR, SA, 5052
        >
        > þ www.RhapsodyInGlue.com

      • Jon
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
          The entire Mechanix Illustrated article on the Happy Clam - July 1951 is posted at

          http://www.vintageprojects.com/boats/large-skiff.pdf

          That article has a table of offsets.

          Jon

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Boman" <alan@...> wrote:

          > Hi Folks,
          >

          > Does anyone have the offsets for "Happy Clam" from September 1950 ?
          >

          > Atkin doesn't actually describe it as a "Tunnel Stern", but it clearly has
          > the same characteristic hull shape of the others in the series.
          >

          > Thanks
          >

          > Alan
          >

          > Alan Boman
          >
          > È 0408 014 234
          >
          > ( 08 8278 4109
          >
          > * PO Box 84, BELAIR, SA, 5052
          >
          > þ www.RhapsodyInGlue.com

        • John Almberg
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
            According to wolfram alpha, $594 in 1950 is equivilant to $5545 in 2011 dollars. That sound a out right?

            - John

            Sent from my iPad, so may be a bit brief.