Fiberglass "Ben Bow"

  • adventuresailor
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2011
      Hi All,

      I am new to this group, and to web-groups in general. I have recently acquired a sailboat built of fiberglass, with a built up deck and house of fiberglass-covered wood to the lines of "Ben Bow". The builder is listed as Keith Falstron from Homestead, FL, and the boat was built around 1980. She is rigged as a bermudian cutter, with an aluminum mast and boom, and a 6-foot wooden bowsprit, which is definitely not to plans. The rest of the hull appears faithful, though, and the boat sports a bronze plaque that says that she was designed by William Atkin.

      I have searched here to try to find out more about this boat, but have not found anything. I am interested to know if there are any other fiberglass "Ben Bows" out there. I have also tried to find out more about the builder. As far as I know this was a one-off boat.

      I am currently cruising the east coast. Hope to see some fellow Atkin-designed boats out there!