Re: [AtkinBoats] My New Atkin OLCY

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
      >I hope to have Reisndyr ready for the water again in time for the Depoe Bay
      >Wooden Boat Festival in April!

      By gum!

      John, it's a One-Lunger Canoe Yawl!

      Did the Ford Econoline come with the deal?

      And beware or you'll become the Robb White of the Pac NW.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

      -- Macintosh kinda guy
      Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
      _________________________________
    • roninpnw
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
        That's a real beauty, John! Looks like a fun little boat and a good
        vintage too (same launch as Ronin!) I'm jealous of your space to take
        in such wonderful projects. Sorry not to have seen you up in Port
        Townsend (we were there all weekend, mostly in workshops though), and
        we didn't even think to go by the NWSWB, but then I would only have
        seen so many things I wanted!

        Happy tinkinering with your new project,

        -Scott

        > On the way home from the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival I made
        the
        > mistake of stopping at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding
        in Lower
        > Hadlock. They were having a "garage sale" of donated boats and
        boats they'd
        > built. I'm afraid I succumbed to the charms of this beauty, and now
        she's
        > sitting in my front yard:
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Reindeer-1.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Reindeer-2.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Reindeer-3.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Reindeer-4.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Reindeer-5.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Palmer-1.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Palmer-2.jpg
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/images/Reindeer/Palmer-3.jpg
        >
        > Her name is Reinsdyr and she's a modified Valgerda -- with decking
        and a
        > little Palmer PW 27 inboard. She was built at Portland in 1966 for
        the
        > Weyerhauser family, and was pretty much according to the plans
        then. The
        > next owner had a naval architect draw up plans for the engine
        installation,
        > decking and interior furnishings, and had a boatbuilder in Lake
        Oswego,
        > Oregon do the work. The third owner added the ugly keel extension
        and a tall
        > sloop rig. :ob He donated Reinsdyr to the NWSWB last year. The
        sloop rig got
        > lost sometime in the last year (too bad! <g>). I'm going to lop off
        the keel
        > extension and give her a lugsail somewhat larger than the original
        plans
        > called for, to help push the extra weight in light breezes. She's a
        real
        > beauty! I think she'll make a great motorsailer for exploring the
        San Juans