Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Pictures from the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival 2011

  • stu
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
      funny, I asked Mike (the owner/builder) that same thing... he said he just built her to the nearest boat.  No plans

      stu

      On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Greg <green-go@...> wrote:

      Looks like a lot of fun, and great scenery. Any idea what design that launch in pic IMG_2765 is? It just looks right to me and I am looking for a design to build.

      Greg.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
        Native Girl was built by Allen and Sharie Farrell on a beach in British
        Columbia. She's Allen's own design. The Farrell's were very interesting
        people who lived simply, yet enjoyed life much more than most:

        http://www.woodenboat.org/boats/Boat_Detail.aspx?processID=957

        http://www.markwallaceshipwright.com/native.html

        http://www.angelfire.com/or/petermarsh/Chinacloud.htm

        You can find out something about the boats in the Festival here:

        http://www.woodenboat.org/festival/festival-public/boats/

        --
        John (jkohnen@...)
        To read fast is as bad as to eat in a hurry. (Vilhelm Ekelund)
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
          That launch was being used as a gofer for the races, and has been a
          workhorse around the Festival for several years. The WBF can probably give
          you more info on it:

          http://www.woodenboat.org/

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/weibel-lines/6143899475/in/set-72157627662440214

          --
          John (jkohnen@...)
          You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
            A glance at the Festival program reminded me of the name of that launch --
            Martha J. She was built by the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding,
            which has also built several Atkin boats:

            http://www.woodenboat.org/boats/Boat_Detail.aspx?processID=514

            http://www.nwboatschool.org/

            --
            John (jkohnen@...)
            Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you