RE: [AtkinBoats] Pictures from the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival 2011

  • William E. Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
      Yes, Thanks much Stu for the great pictures. In the parlance of the O'Brian
      novels, in my opinion, a spinnaker on each mast (Martha) is "topping it a
      bit high." Does anyone know anything about "Native Girl"? Her designer?

      Would have given much to be there. Many schooners in one place.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
        Looks like a lot of fun, and great scenery. Any idea what design that launch in pic IMG_2765 is? It just looks right to me and I am looking for a design to build.

        Greg.

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, stu <stuart.weibel@...> wrote:

        > Hi, folks,
        >
        > my pics from WBF-35

      • stu
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
          funny, I asked Mike (the owner/builder) that same thing... he said he just built her to the nearest boat.  No plans

          stu

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
            Native Girl was built by Allen and Sharie Farrell on a beach in British
            Columbia. She's Allen's own design. The Farrell's were very interesting
            people who lived simply, yet enjoyed life much more than most:

            http://www.woodenboat.org/boats/Boat_Detail.aspx?processID=957

            http://www.markwallaceshipwright.com/native.html

            http://www.angelfire.com/or/petermarsh/Chinacloud.htm

            You can find out something about the boats in the Festival here:

            http://www.woodenboat.org/festival/festival-public/boats/

            --
            John (jkohnen@...)
            To read fast is as bad as to eat in a hurry. (Vilhelm Ekelund)
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
              That launch was being used as a gofer for the races, and has been a
              workhorse around the Festival for several years. The WBF can probably give
              you more info on it:

              http://www.woodenboat.org/

              http://www.flickr.com/photos/weibel-lines/6143899475/in/set-72157627662440214

              --
              John (jkohnen@...)
              You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
                A glance at the Festival program reminded me of the name of that launch --
                Martha J. She was built by the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding,
                which has also built several Atkin boats:

                http://www.woodenboat.org/boats/Boat_Detail.aspx?processID=514

                http://www.nwboatschool.org/

                --
                John (jkohnen@...)
                Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you