Re: [AtkinBoats] Pictures from the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival 2011

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 13, 2011
      Good pictures, Stu! Thanks for putting them online. But where's a shot of
      that funny little black-hulled motorboat with the fuschia stripe under her
      sheer? <g> I think I got some good shots of Ripple during the sail-by.
      I'll have some online before too long...

      It was a great Festival! Lots and lots of interesting boats, and I met
      some real nice people and made some new friends. :o)

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
        Yes, Thanks much Stu for the great pictures. In the parlance of the O'Brian
        novels, in my opinion, a spinnaker on each mast (Martha) is "topping it a
        bit high." Does anyone know anything about "Native Girl"? Her designer?

        Would have given much to be there. Many schooners in one place.

        Good pictures, Stu! Thanks for putting them online. But where's a shot of
        that funny little black-hulled motorboat with the fuschia stripe under her
        sheer? <g> I think I got some good shots of Ripple during the sail-by.
        I'll have some online before too long...

        It was a great Festival! Lots and lots of interesting boats, and I met some
        real nice people and made some new friends. :o)

        On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:52:42 -0700, stu wrote:

        > my pics from WBF-35

        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/weibel-lines/sets/72157627662440214/

        --
        John (jkohnen@...)
        As for myself, the wonderful sea charmed me from the first.
        (Joshua Slocum)

        ------------------------------------

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Greg
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
          Looks like a lot of fun, and great scenery. Any idea what design that launch in pic IMG_2765 is? It just looks right to me and I am looking for a design to build.

          Greg.

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, stu <stuart.weibel@...> wrote:

          > Hi, folks,
          >
          > my pics from WBF-35

        • stu
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
            funny, I asked Mike (the owner/builder) that same thing... he said he just built her to the nearest boat.  No plans

            stu

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 14, 2011
              Native Girl was built by Allen and Sharie Farrell on a beach in British
              Columbia. She's Allen's own design. The Farrell's were very interesting
              people who lived simply, yet enjoyed life much more than most:

              http://www.woodenboat.org/boats/Boat_Detail.aspx?processID=957

              http://www.markwallaceshipwright.com/native.html

              http://www.angelfire.com/or/petermarsh/Chinacloud.htm

              You can find out something about the boats in the Festival here:

              http://www.woodenboat.org/festival/festival-public/boats/

              --
              John (jkohnen@...)
              To read fast is as bad as to eat in a hurry. (Vilhelm Ekelund)
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
                That launch was being used as a gofer for the races, and has been a
                workhorse around the Festival for several years. The WBF can probably give
                you more info on it:

                http://www.woodenboat.org/

                http://www.flickr.com/photos/weibel-lines/6143899475/in/set-72157627662440214

                --
                John (jkohnen@...)
                You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
                  A glance at the Festival program reminded me of the name of that launch --
                  Martha J. She was built by the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding,
                  which has also built several Atkin boats:

                  http://www.woodenboat.org/boats/Boat_Detail.aspx?processID=514

                  http://www.nwboatschool.org/

                  --
                  John (jkohnen@...)
                  Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you