Re: [AtkinBoats] Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival next Weekend

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2011
      I noticed there's going to be another one of the Boat School's Gary
      Thomas's at the Festival besides Ripple. La Boheme, an Eric will be there
      too, and I've been informed that a Teach in need of TLC will be for sale
      either at the festival or at the NW School of Wooden Boatbuilding in Port
      Hadlock. :o)

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      The louder he talks of honour, the faster we count our spoons.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2011
        Yes, Baraquah (spelling?) will be there... She was the second of the three Gary Thomases built at the NW School for Wooden Boats.

        There is a third... Jenny... I'd love to know anything about her if anyone knows

        stu

        On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
        I noticed there's going to be another one of the Boat School's Gary
        Thomas's at the Festival besides Ripple. La Boheme, an Eric will be there
        too, and I've been informed that a Teach in need of TLC will be for sale
        either at the festival or at the NW School of Wooden Boatbuilding in Port
        Hadlock. :o)

        On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:03:07 -0700, stu wrote:

        > I'll be at the festival in my Atkins Gary Thomas Tops'l cutter (Ripple)
        >
        > hope to see any of you at the festival

        --
        The louder he talks of honour, the faster we count our spoons.
        (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

        ------------------------------------

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           AtkinBoats-digest@yahoogroups.com
           AtkinBoats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jerry Miller
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
          Can't be there this year...on the Illinois river.Shure had a good time last year though.By the way...I am still cancer free and my Florence Oakland is coming along.Will you have yours at the show.....Jerry

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
            Hi Jerry,
            Glad to hear both you and the boat are progressing. While Charlene is trailerable, she is not ready for prime time quite yet. Cannot imagine trailering to Port Townsend anyway, without taking months to do it. Perhaps if I ever retire. I am trying to get the boat ready for cruising in the North Channel (Canadian side of Lake Huron) next season. Other than varnishing the new foremast and and the bowsprit, all other varnish is done. Next spring will be all paint, which is much easier and quicker. I am replacing the main shrouds and installing an autopilot for the trip.

            This season has been terrible for sailing. Extreme heat and no wind for weeks at a time has meant very few sailable weekends. Like you, I have been traveling for work, which has taken out other weekends. I am hoping I'll be able to get out more this fall.

            If you end up in the Cincinnati area, the boat will be in the water through the middle of October, at least. Have to be out of the slip by 1 November. You are more than welcome to go for a sail, or, at least, view and poke around the boat.

            Best regards,
            Bill