Re: Scamp as an outboard

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2004
      Can certainly see the attraction with that classic runabout character.
      I'm not qualified to answer, but just mentally comparing the lines
      with Bolger?s 21 foot fisherman?s launch (outboard powered) I can see
      a lot of similarities. How fast do you want to go? I would think if
      you could live with modest speeds, a 2 stroke in the 40-50 HP range or
      a 45HP Honda would not be too much weight on the transom. I would
      build it with the deadwood as shown in the plans and a Bolger type
      "dry well" that he uses in a lot of outboards in this size range.

      Lewis