Off topic/ bloodwood

  • Billy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2011
      Anyone ever used it in a boat? It has high bending and crush strength, holds fasteners well and glues and takes a fine finish.I couldn't find much on it's decay resistance. It sure is pretty though. Anyone?? Found a largish supply of it that has all the other desirable characteristics one would want in a boat wood, straight ,vertical grained, no knots, no sapwood. Also, it sure is pretty. It is the deepest, darkest red I've ever seen. through and through. It looks stained but is not, thats just the color of the wood. Thanks