RE: [AtkinBoats] My methods

  • Jerry Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 19, 2011
    Well since we are talkin about methods,thought I would share the method of a beginner builder.This is hopefully gonna be a Florence Oakland around this time next year.This stack of wood is supposed to be the keel and deadwood after some trimming and shaping of course.The frame that is there is one I mocked up out of scrap just to get an idea if my patterns from my lofting looked right.Any way it would be kewl if I could be lookin at a sunset like this one minus the land and trees this time next year from the cockpit of the "MISS KINDAL PULAR"
  • William E. Parker
    Message 2 of 6 , Apr 19, 2011

      Looks like a good start Jerry.  It would be good indeed.

      [Attachment(s) from Jerry Miller included below]

      Well since we are talkin about methods,thought I would share the method of a beginner builder.This is hopefully gonna be a Florence Oakland around this time next year.This stack of wood is supposed to be the keel and deadwood after some trimming and shaping of course.The frame that is there is one I mocked up out of scrap just to get an idea if my patterns from my lofting looked right.Any way it would be kewl if I could be lookin at a sunset like this one minus the land and trees this time next year from the cockpit of the "MISS KINDAL PULAR"

    • Brandon F
      Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2011
        It does look like a good start. Don't be discouraged if it takes more than a year. Good things take time.

        Brandon
        http://valgerda.blogspot.com

        Message 4 of 6 , Apr 20, 2011

          I know....I already figure the year is an aggressive estimate.I will take the time needed,I wanna do this right the first time.