Finally did it

  • Billy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
      Got off my @$$ and ordered my plans. So, Elon Jessup it will be. After much hemhawing and fretting and indecision I made up my mind which boat to build. I needed to just quit over analysing it and go for it. I've already got everything I need to build her, well, I am waiting on my framing timbers from the sawyer but he should be coming through anyday now so.....Away we go. Wish me luck!! I'm excited.:)
    • John Almberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
        Congrats! I think you'll be amazed at how curvy she is. All these boats have a lot more shape than  you'd guess from the drawings.

        One hint: install both sets of oar locks. You'll be glad you did. I left the front pair out of my Cabin Boy build, and regretted it many times. I'm going to add the second pair sometime this spring.

        -- John

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2011
          I think I'm going to enjoy her very much. I've seen several examples of some of the other Atkin skiffs and I know what you mean about the drawings not doing justice to the real life shapes of these grand designs. The pics of Maude and Emaline and C G Junior are just beautiful. Can't wait to get going. Thanks for the inspiration John.