Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Alajuela 38 Origins

  • Will Lau
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2011
      Hi John,

      Best Boats as well as the 1999 Cruising World article (which I suspect is a derives research from Best Boats) both omit Rod Jermaine's input, we're in communication, just waiting for him to clear some time, will write it up once I have it. He's like the forgotten chapter in the story, being builder co-founder and co-owner in the venture with Mike Riding.

      I did your suggestion on the lines, they are very similar, slightly different in the sheer, but can hardly pick it, though it's really rough just checking the side profile (without the sections), I'm pretty confident it's an Ingrid derivative.

      Cheers
      Will

      On 9 April 2011 01:46, JohnA <jalmberg@...> wrote:

      I sold my copy of "Best Boats" when I bought my Tom Gilmer "Blue Moon" (another boat you might consider for your collection), so I can't review it, but there is no doubt that the chain of builders described in Best Boats is accurate.