Re: [AtkinBoats] Raising Sails

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2011
      >  In my
      experience, letting the gaff get angled to the mast when raising or lowering is far more of a problem, solved by handing both the throat and peak halyards together after getting the gaff perpendicular to the mast.

      I find it helps to keep the gaff peaked up a just bit while raising and lowering. I guess it probably depends on the gaff throat, though.
    • John Almberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 6, 2011
        John Almberg wrote:

        >  In my experience, letting the gaff get angled to the mast when raising or lowering is far more of a problem, solved by handing both the throat and peak halyards together after getting the gaff perpendicular to the mast.

        I find it helps to keep the gaff peaked up a just bit while raising and lowering. I guess it probably depends on the gaff throat, though.

        Sorry... I meant gaff jaws, of course. Is spring coming soon? I'm starting to forget this stuff, it's been so long :-)