Re: [AtkinBoats] Fore n Aft Questions?

  • John Frodigh
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2011
      Congrats! That boat was sailed out of Boston harbor for about 20 years, the owner got sick and had to sell, I am glad she is still in good shape, she sat without cover in Albany for about 6 years. As far as I know Tresaurus and my Scarlet Queen are the only other Fore an Afts, yours is the original. Regards, John Frodigh

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2011
        Tresarus is still sailing, now on Cayuga Lake in upstate NY.  In fact, today I just put a second coat of paint on a new top mast, the old one snapped in a freak storm last fall.  I had heard the original Fore n Aft was still around, that’s great!

        Elaina

        From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
        Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:26:19 -0500
        To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Fore n Aft Questions?

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 7, 2011
          This is my all-time favourite boat. Do we have any pictures of the three boats?

          John

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 7, 2011
            Tresarus and Scarlet Queen are on the Atkin web site

            This is my all-time favourite boat. Do we have any pictures of the three boats?

            John

            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Elaina McCartney <elaina.mccartney@...> wrote:

            > Tresarus is still sailing, now on Cayuga Lake in upstate NY. In fact, today I just put a second coat of paint on a new top mast, the old one snapped in a freak storm last fall. I had heard the original Fore n Aft was still around, that’s great!
            >
            > Elaina
            >

            > From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...<mailto:John.Frodigh@...>>
            > Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:26:19 -0500
            > To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com<mailto:'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com<mailto:AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>>
            > Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Fore n Aft Questions?
            >
            > Congrats! That boat was sailed out of Boston harbor for about 20 years, the owner got sick and had to sell, I am glad she is still in good shape, she sat without cover in Albany for about 6 years. As far as I know Tresaurus and my Scarlet Queen are the only other Fore an Afts, yours is the original. Regards, John Frodigh
            >
            > ________________________________

          • expeditions
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 7, 2011

              John F, Bruce Elfstrom here.  Does your group know we have Ben Bow?  Total mess, but it is the original Ben Bow and I have most of the hardware.  Also do they know of the classes and the new teachers, etc?

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 7, 2011
                Yea, I've seen them! Call me greedy -- I was hoping for more.

                John

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 8, 2011
                  Look on flickr and search tresarus, I will send you some of mine

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 8, 2011
                    Here's a set from Dennis Dyer, grandson of Russell Dyer, who built Tresarus in Freeport, Maine in the late 50s.

                    I have literally hundreds (Ok, thousands) of more recent ones on flickr,

                    That set is not well organized at present and includes my Joel White rowing/sailing shellback, which I use as a tender for Tresarus.

                    Elaina

                    From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
                    Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:17:50 -0500
                    To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>

                    Look on flickr and search tresarus, I will send you some of mine

                    Yea, I've seen them! Call me greedy -- I was hoping for more.

                    John

                    --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...> wrote:

                    > Tresarus and Scarlet Queen are on the Atkin web site
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                  • Giuliano Girometta
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 8, 2011
                      The first mistery bracket is an old microphone holder.

                      Giuliano

                      From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
                      Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:17:50 -0500
                      To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 9, 2011
                        My sincere thanks Elaina,

                        This is an amazing treasure of pictures. I, especially, like the black and white photos. It's going to take me awhile to get through them all. These pictures should be a book.

                        Was Tresarus strip built?

                        Thanks again, this is great!!

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 9, 2011
                          Thanks John,

                          This is an amazing find for me.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 9, 2011
                            Hi Sunsailor,

                            This is a great boat, my all time favourite. Hope you'll keep us up to date on your rebuild.

                            Do you have any information on the new build?

                            John

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 9, 2011
                              Yes, strip planked.

                              Elaina