Re: Fore n Aft Questions?

  • davy riggs
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6 7:07 AM
      First off, you are to be congratulated!   And whilst I commend you for undertaking this project I do not envy you the work ahead of you.  Just keep your eyes on the prize because, at the end, you should have one of the sweetest, saltiest boats on the East Coast.

      Good luck!
      Dave

      Man proposes- God disposes. -U.S. Grant
    • John Frodigh
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6 8:26 AM
        Congrats! That boat was sailed out of Boston harbor for about 20 years, the owner got sick and had to sell, I am glad she is still in good shape, she sat without cover in Albany for about 6 years. As far as I know Tresaurus and my Scarlet Queen are the only other Fore an Afts, yours is the original. Regards, John Frodigh

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6 9:44 AM
          Tresarus is still sailing, now on Cayuga Lake in upstate NY.  In fact, today I just put a second coat of paint on a new top mast, the old one snapped in a freak storm last fall.  I had heard the original Fore n Aft was still around, that’s great!

          Elaina

          From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
          Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:26:19 -0500
          To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Fore n Aft Questions?

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 7 6:11 AM
            This is my all-time favourite boat. Do we have any pictures of the three boats?

            John

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 7 6:15 AM
              Tresarus and Scarlet Queen are on the Atkin web site

              This is my all-time favourite boat. Do we have any pictures of the three boats?

              John

              --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Elaina McCartney <elaina.mccartney@...> wrote:

              > Tresarus is still sailing, now on Cayuga Lake in upstate NY. In fact, today I just put a second coat of paint on a new top mast, the old one snapped in a freak storm last fall. I had heard the original Fore n Aft was still around, that’s great!
              >
              > Elaina
              >

              > From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...<mailto:John.Frodigh@...>>
              > Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:26:19 -0500
              > To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com<mailto:'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com<mailto:AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>>
              > Subject: Re: [AtkinBoats] Fore n Aft Questions?
              >
              > Congrats! That boat was sailed out of Boston harbor for about 20 years, the owner got sick and had to sell, I am glad she is still in good shape, she sat without cover in Albany for about 6 years. As far as I know Tresaurus and my Scarlet Queen are the only other Fore an Afts, yours is the original. Regards, John Frodigh
              >
              > ________________________________

            • expeditions
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 7 6:53 AM

                John F, Bruce Elfstrom here.  Does your group know we have Ben Bow?  Total mess, but it is the original Ben Bow and I have most of the hardware.  Also do they know of the classes and the new teachers, etc?

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 7 10:23 AM
                  Yea, I've seen them! Call me greedy -- I was hoping for more.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 8 8:17 AM
                    Look on flickr and search tresarus, I will send you some of mine

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 8 9:19 AM
                      Here's a set from Dennis Dyer, grandson of Russell Dyer, who built Tresarus in Freeport, Maine in the late 50s.

                      I have literally hundreds (Ok, thousands) of more recent ones on flickr,

                      That set is not well organized at present and includes my Joel White rowing/sailing shellback, which I use as a tender for Tresarus.

                      Elaina

                      From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
                      Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:17:50 -0500
                      To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>

                      Look on flickr and search tresarus, I will send you some of mine

                      Yea, I've seen them! Call me greedy -- I was hoping for more.

                      John

                      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...> wrote:

                      > Tresarus and Scarlet Queen are on the Atkin web site
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                    • Giuliano Girometta
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 8 9:02 PM
                        The first mistery bracket is an old microphone holder.

                        Giuliano

                        From: John Frodigh <John.Frodigh@...>
                        Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:17:50 -0500
                        To: "'AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com'" <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 9 3:48 AM
                          My sincere thanks Elaina,

                          This is an amazing treasure of pictures. I, especially, like the black and white photos. It's going to take me awhile to get through them all. These pictures should be a book.

                          Was Tresarus strip built?

                          Thanks again, this is great!!

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 9 3:49 AM
                            Thanks John,

                            This is an amazing find for me.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 9 3:53 AM
                              Hi Sunsailor,

                              This is a great boat, my all time favourite. Hope you'll keep us up to date on your rebuild.

                              Do you have any information on the new build?

                              John

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 9 5:56 AM
                                Yes, strip planked.

                                Elaina