UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Vintage!

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      Okay! It's finally time to get started on this winter's build!

      The goal is to build the William Atkin designed "Vintage" in time for the "I Built It Myself" show at the Wooden Boat Show in Mystic, CT.

      Why Vintage? Several reasons.

      First, I think it's time I tackled a round-bottom boat. Again, I think this is a project that is way above my current skill level, but I'm a real believer in the adage that people can do more than they think they can. Just because I doubt my ability to build such a complicated boat, is no reason to not do it.

      Sounds weird, right? Ah well...

      Read complete blog post:

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2011/02/building-atkin-vintage-skiff.html

      Clear lumber: John