UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Race to Hell Gate

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2011
      24 Nov 2010 -- Out of my bunk at 5:05 am. Still dark. Can't see the lights of the Verrazano Bridge, which were clearly visible last night. Must be some fog up there. Made myself a good breakfast of hot oatmeal, boiled eggs, and an apple. Not sure when I'll have another chance to eat today. Sunrise supposed to be around 7 am, but I intend to be underway before 6. Hope I've left enough time to make Hell Gate before the tide turns...

      Read complete blog post:

      Fair Tides: John