UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Going For It

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2011
      E.F. Knight's "Sailing" is one of my favorite sailing books. It's the book that John Walker consulted when, as a young lad, he had to sail the Goblin across the North Sea to Holland in a gale (in "We Didn't Mean to Go to Sea"), and it's probably the book Arthur Ransome learned to sail with.

      Knight says the science of sailing is "practically infinite", and I agree -- particularly when it comes to weather. After many months of studying weather forecasts, and comparing them with the weather that actually showed up, all I can do is quote the ancient weather proverb: "Believe it when you see it."

      Oh, and "Take it with a grain of salt."

      Read complete blog post:

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2011/01/going-for-it.html

      Fair Winds: John