Check this beauty out!!!!!!

  • Billy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
      I think it a Plain Jane runabout. Just my guess. Whatever it is, It is just beautiful!

      http://www.scandiayachts.com/inv7.html
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
        Beautiful, indeed! And I think it is a Plain Jane. But 260 hp.?! What were
        they thinking! <sigh> Maybe that ridiculous engine choice is why the boat
        is for sale after only 100 hours of use. Though I suppose the skeg they
        added that wasn't on the plans might slow her down some...

        "The motor shown in the plans is a Gray Express 140 developing 55 hp at
        3,000 rpm. The speed expected will be close to 21 mph."

        --
        John (jkohnen@...)
        Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that he
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2011
          I noticed that too. Way wrong power. Wish I had the money. It never ever ceases to amaze me how beautiful these boats really are in 3-d. The lines drawings do no justice whatsoever. I constantly scour the www for pics of Atkin boats. There are more on the Brooklin boats site. I occasionally find some on the woodenboat forum and hopefully I'll have some of my own to put up.

          > Beautiful, indeed! And I think it is a Plain Jane. But 260 hp.?! What were
          > they thinking! <sigh> Maybe that ridiculous engine choice is why the boat
          > is for sale after only 100 hours of use. Though I suppose the skeg they
          > added that wasn't on the plans might slow her down some...
          >
          > "The motor shown in the plans is a Gray Express 140 developing 55 hp at
          > 3,000 rpm. The speed expected will be close to 21 mph."
          >
          > On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 07:11:28 -0800, Billy wrote:
          >
          > > I think it a Plain Jane runabout. Just my guess. Whatever it is, It is
          > > just beautiful!
          > >
          > > http://www.scandiayachts.com/inv7.html
          >

          > --
          > John (jkohnen@...)
          > Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that he
          > sometimes has to eat them. (Adlai Stevenson)

        • michigangeorge1
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2011
            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Billy" <billybronaugh@...> wrote:

            > I think it a Plain Jane runabout. Just my guess. Whatever it is, It is just beautiful!
            >
            > http://www.scandiayachts.com/inv7.html

            The basic design is very nice but these schools just do not follow thru with details. The white plastic thru hulls and cheap, off-the-shelf hardware just do not fit the boat. And why the big engine in these times? I doubt JA would have built the windshield that way or the hatches either. Nice, but not a '10'.