UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Lost!

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
      I hit Barnegat Bay in NJ the second week in November. That was about a week too late.

      Just a few days before, I'd been sailing up the Chesapeake with a lovely southerly wind at my back. That weather had ended the day I turned into the Delaware River, and since then it had been nothing but cold and nasty northerlies, with a bit of icy rain thrown in for fun.

      If I'd arrived a week or two earlier, the 'hop' to New York and Long Island Sound would have been easy. I'd have been home by now.

      "Too late, too late," I kept thinking. And I almost was...

      Read complete blog post:

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2011/01/hop.html

      Fair Winds: John