UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Lost!

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2010
      On the same day I broke out of my trap in the marina, I learned another important lesson.

      Personally, I think 2 lessons in one day is excessive, but King Neptune must have realized he was running out of time, too...

      Read complete blog post:

      Fair Winds: John
    • John Almberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
        I hit Barnegat Bay in NJ the second week in November. That was about a week too late.

        Just a few days before, I'd been sailing up the Chesapeake with a lovely southerly wind at my back. That weather had ended the day I turned into the Delaware River, and since then it had been nothing but cold and nasty northerlies, with a bit of icy rain thrown in for fun.

        If I'd arrived a week or two earlier, the 'hop' to New York and Long Island Sound would have been easy. I'd have been home by now.

        "Too late, too late," I kept thinking. And I almost was...

        Read complete blog post:

        http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2011/01/hop.html

        Fair Winds: John